Fall 2021 Brass Auditions
Register your interest to audition below:
Please read the following...
- Fall 2021 auditions for the JMU Brass Band will take place in person on Tuesday, August 24.
- Please pre-register your interest to audition below.
- The officialaudition sign-up will be available starting Sunday, August 22. A link will be provided on the band’s website.
- Audition selections will be available below or on the JMU School of Music website
- While not a requirement for the audition, you are encouraged to audition on brass band specific instruments (soprano cornet, cornet, flugelhorn, tenor horn, baritone).
- Each audition will consist of three items. You are expected to prepare each selection in its entirety.
- Demelza (Hugh Nash)
- Etude (selected from the large ensemble audition packet)
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth (Peter Graham)
Questions? Contact Prof. Stees at firstname.lastname@example.org