Fall 2023 Brass Auditions
Please read the following...
- Fall 2023 auditions for the JMU Brass Band will take place August 23-24 (Times TBA) .
- Please pre-register your interest to audition below.
- While not a requirement for the audition, you are strongly encouraged to audition on brass band specific instruments (soprano cornet, cornet, flugelhorn, tenor horn, baritone).
- Each audition will consist of 2 items. You are expected to prepare each selection in its entirety. (See below.)
- Meditation from The Triumph of Time (Peter Graham)
- Dance Etude (Joseph Turrin)
- Tenor/Bass Trombone
- Etude (Marco Bordogni)
- Etude (Vladislav Blazhevich)
- Audition selections should be prepared as close to indicated tempi as possible (where indicated).
- If you have any questions, please contact Professor Kevin Stees.
For audition music, click below here.